Lately, I have been preparing my own meals. The first reason is that bringing my own meals is healthier as we know what we add on to the dish. Secondly, I got yelled from my other half for being so wasteful. Haha… Well, I stopped cooking for sometimes because I was too lazy and sometimes I had not enough time to do so. But then, thinking about it again, I decided to cook again my own meals. Yes it takes times, but I can manage it now. I prepare the marinade and everything else the night before which give me so much ease in the morning. It is a very good advantage indeed.
This time, I’d like to share my latest home cook meals, Creamy Chicken with Snow Peas. It is a very simple and easy recipe with a minimum ingredients needed, that I love.
I’d love to share it with you. Well, I am a beginner but I am on the right track to begin with.
- Boneless chicken breast (stripped)
- Snow peas
- Milk (I prefer full cream milk)
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Chilli (for colour, I like it colourful)
- Cheddar cheese
- Garlic clove (minced)
- Canola oil
- Heat the pan on medium-low heat, pour 2 tbsps of canola oil, add garlic on until it turns a bit golden brown (about 30 seconds)
- Add chicken and turn the heat into medium-high, stir the chicken breast until all semi cooked
- Pour milk (I used 2 cups)and turn the heat low. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes and keep stirring. Add a pinch of salt and pepper (milk and pepper is a perfect match, well, I think so) and chilli and also cheese, keep stirring to ensure the cheese melted
- Lastly, add the snow peas and simmer it for another 3 minutes on medium heat
- Turn off, your creamy chicken is ready to serve
Since I didn’t use an exact measurement but by feeling, I could tell you that it tasted really good.