Hello there… Another great morning to start our day. Here is another home cook that I made for my lunch. Since I bought one week supplies of chicken breast, here we go with another chicky chicken cooking. As usual, it’s a very simple and easy yet quick cooking. Anybody can do it, I can do it tho. So what do I need?
- Chicken breast, 1cm sliced
- Snow peas (blanched in a hot boiling water for 1 minutes or less, depends on the stove)
- Button mushrooms
- Garlic clove, minced
- Oyster sauce
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce (I used light soy sauce)
- White pepper
- Chicken stock
- Cooking oil (I prefer canola oil)
- Corn starch slurry
As usual, I don’t use a specific measurement for the seasonings. It’s all about feeling which is getting better over time.
- Marinade chicken breast in sesame oil, white pepper, and soy sauce for 20 minutes (you can leave it overnight in the fridge too). Set aside.
- Heat the pan and add a little canola oil, spread it evenly. When it reach the right temperature (pan a lil bit smokey), add chicken breast strips. Turn the heat high. It helps the chicken cooked fast but still tender inside.
- Add garlic on. Stir it for a few seconds. Add button mushrooms, keep stirring until the mushrooms slightly tender on medium heat.
- Pour on the chicken stock mixture (corn starch, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and white pepper), turn on a medium-high heat.
- Add snow peas. Simmer for 60 seconds. And it’s ready!